Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Project Purge and New Books

   First and foremost, I'm sure you all will be happy to know that the Scarf that Never Ends was completed last Sunday night (the 17th)! It looks pretty good even if I do say so myself. Pictures will be posted as soon as my husband returns from North Carolina with our camera. Poor guy has had to spend the past two weeks there for work. But, on to my chosen topic for the evening. I am trying to be a more organized crafter. Towards that end I have made a new commitment to myself. "No more than four yarn craft projects in progress at a time." I have one purge project completed. One project has sadly been frogged. It is a good thing I'm almost down to three projects because I got my anniversary gift today.
   What did my darling husband get me you ask? I got four new knitting and crochet books! I was so excited when I saw them in the mail today. I'm sure the trials and triumphs of the projects in these will soon be featured here. In the interest of not short changing you  since you've taken the time and effort to come and visit my blogland today, I'll share the books I got today with you. The one that I was most excited about & dove into as soon as I got the box open is called Crochet Master Class. It is full of different specialized crochet techniques, some that I'd never heard of! I'm so glad that most of the chapters include a sample square to try out the technique before launching into an entire project. The next book is 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet. I haven't opened this one up yet, but the examples that are on the cover are just beautiful. I can't wait to start embellishing with them. Book number three is Knitted Wild Animals. This one has been opened and flipped through by my three year old son. He is very excited. He keeps flipping through the pages naming the animals. This is great because I bought this book mainly to make things for him & his little brother. And last but not least, we have 400 Knitting Stitches. This is going to come in very handy for my stitch sample afghan.
   And now, dear readers, I must leave you. The are two kids and only one of me. Also I want to jump back into reading my new books. I am going to try to update at least once a week. Please keep coming back & I'll keep writing. I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment