Friday, April 15, 2011

This is the Scarf that never ends...

   I was going to save this post until the scarf that never ends was finished. And I foolishly thought that was going to be two days ago. So lest I go another month without posting, I will share st story of the Scarf that Never Ends, while it remains unfinished. It seems rather appropriate that way.
   This is the scarf that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friends. Some woman started knitting it not knowing what it was, ad she'll continue knitting it forever just because... Thank you Lamb Chop for most of the words and the tune. The pattern is dead simple. I found a yarn I liked but it was in a finer gauge. So, I upped the size of my needles and added 50% more stitches to the cast on. This scarf is worked along the length and in the even rows you knit in the front and back of every stitch. The scarf has seven rows. So even though I only added 50 stitches to the first row. I inadvertently added 200 stitches to the last row. I am still casting off. I fear that even though I work on this every day I will be casting off until some time next year. If you want to see the pattern, it is the Potato Chip Scarf on knitpicks, with the changes I mentioned. I will share pictures if the scarf ever actually ends...
   And that is the story of the scarf that never ends. Feel free to share about projects that never seem to get done no matter how much you work on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment