Monday, April 25, 2011

Something New

   I'm a little behind on the posting this week. There was a very busy Easter weekend. The Easter Bunny went a little but nuts making sure that every family member she encountered over the weekend had some eggs with jellybeans or chocolate. There has also been finishing the project purge, reading my new books, and deciding what project I want to start with. I finished my Silly Snake, frogged the stranded hat and I am now down to three works in progress.
 The completed Scarf That Never Ends.
And the completed Silly Snake. He's not perfect, but the boys love him and that's far more important than my perfectionist sensitivities.
   I have decided on a project from my new books. I'm crocheting a shawl from my Crochet Masterclass book. It's a bruges crochet pattern called Magical Waves. I'm only 12 rows into it, so there's not much to photograph yet. So far, so good. I've read through the pattern and it seems to be making sense to my brain thus far. I am super excited about learning a new technique. I will of course, update progress on said shawl when I've made some. :-) This and my Stitch Sampler Afghan will be my all consuming projects for the foreseeable future. Now all I need is some time to really dive into my new crochet project! I hope everyone out there is safe from the violent spring weather many of us are experiencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment