Thursday, February 17, 2011

Success!

  First off, I want to apologize for my dereliction of blog duty. It was a combo effort. On Saturday night I sliced the tip of my right index finger open. I'm fine, no stitches or anything. I just took a good chunk of skin off the tip of my finger and today is the first day since that it hasn't hurt to type. I have also been knitting frantically since I got the big, bulky bandage off of my finger. The result of the furious knitting is... I have finished my shrug! For a first attempt at a sweater ever in which I substituted yarn & different size needles than were called for, it turned out very well. There will be pictures posted as soon as I get some taken.
   The next "featured" project is going to be a pair of fingerless gloves for my mother made from Cascade Lana D'Oro color 1063, which is a beautiful dark aqua & marine blue heather color. I'm hoping that there will be enough in the skein to make a pair for myself also. I really love the color. I'll have pictures of this too when I put up the pics of my shrug.
   Right now, however, both of my children are sleeping, the sun is shining and WARM, so I'm going to sit on the deck with my knitting and enjoy! hope everyone is have a productive and sunny day!

No comments:

Post a Comment