Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How the family comes in

   Here's how my family effects the crafting process other than in project requests. My father turned 60 on the 20th of February. I'm sure those of you who, like me, enjoy creating memorable events for loved ones can imagine how this significant birthday might have disrupted life. Sadly the disruption spread to my blog as well. To keep a long story short; Mom & I planned a huge surprise party for him. Three days of cooking were involved in this. Family came in from out of town. Then there has been the cleaning up and getting the house back to normal. I did manage to get the first of Mom's typing gloves done. She was so excited about it that she took it to work to show a co-worker who also suffers from cold hands. That is why the picture here is the wrist band of the second glove. I'll post a pic of the finished pair sometime next week. And now for your viewing pleasure, I hope, pics of my finished shrug.
 The view from the back.
 The view from the front.
  And here is the wristband with it's ball of beautiful Lana D'Oro. I'll post the pattern here and on Ravelry when I get the pictures taken after the pair is finished. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment