Monday, February 7, 2011

The Super Knitting Bowl

   After spending most of the afternoon cooking and snacking, I was able to spend almost the entire game knitting! That was almost as thrilling as watching the Packers win their 4th Super Bowl. Yes I'm a Packers fan, my mother passed it on. Anyway, since I got to knit through most of the game; I managed to finish my second sleeve for my shrug & cast on the back. I even got about 18 rows of the back knit before I went to bed last night. If I get some work done at the Stitch Night at Bah! Yarns tonight, I should be well on my way to my gaol of finishing my shrug within the next week.
   Now that the finish line of my shrug is in sight, I'm looking forward to my next project. I was at Hearthsone Knits in South St. Louis county picking up a special order that my cousin placed a few weeks ago. And I found some beautiful Cascade Lana D'oro in a lovely heathered blue that is destined to become some fingerless gloves for my mom & if there's enough left, a pair for me too! I'll put the exact colorway when I actually get them started. Honestly I'm not going to run all the way downstairs to get the label right now.
  I'm planning a little photo shoot of all of my current works in progress tomorrow since it's supposed to snow again tomorrow. I'd have done it today, but I had to run errands before it snows again. As always I wish everyone warm and happy crafting!


P.S.
Super Bowl Menu:
Mini Reubens
Homemade Two Bite Brownies
Meatballs
Hamburger-Salsa Con-Queso Dip
French Onion Dip
Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment